Thursday 21 July 2011



My Very Special Proposal


My name is Sandi. I am 36 years old and have been married to David for three years. We have an adorable son named Brian who is a year old. In lieu of our three year anniversary - I started to think how I could surprise David.

David is an amazing husband and father. I kind of knew that the first time we met at a friend's barbecue. David came with some of his friends and by accident knocked into me and I fell into the pool.

Everyone was laughing – even me, but I saw that David was somewhat upset. He offered to make it up to me by taking me out to a beautiful rooftop restaurant. Soon after we became a couple, David proposed in such a thoughtful and original way - I still think about it three years later.

I wanted to share this story with you as you guys were part of the plan. It was Christmas and David told me he needed to get away on business. I was upset that we would not be together on Christmas Eve. I was sitting at home the night before Christmas Eve when the doorbell rang. There was a package that said “Shiree Odiz” on it.

I did not recognize the package but opened it up and saw that there was supposed to be an engagement ring inside. Instead there was a note that said – Come downstairs… I grabbed my coat and ran downstairs. There was David with Five Santa’s - all holding boxes of different sizes. I was shocked and crying and laughing.

David said - in one of these boxes - lies the key to my heart - find it and it will be yours forever. As I started opening up the boxes, David took out the most beautiful engagement ring that you ever seen and asked me if I would marry him. The rest is history.

You should just know that David is seven years younger than me, which just goes to show you that age is just a matter of the mind…



Sincerely

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment